Thursday, December 27, 2012

First-Person Perspective


I'm the second room DJ at the event I'm playing for New Year's Eve so I don't get a lot of guest list spots. While the general admission tickets are quite reasonable for a major NYE event in Hollywood, I'm playing in the VIP room, and the price tag for those tickets is a three-digit number and it doesn't start with "1"... or a "2"... (edit: I was wrong about the ticket price – see the update below).

So, thinking I probably won't be able to have a lot of my friends there, I ordered a ContourROAM 2 wearable camera and a hat mount, just like in the picture here, so I can share the show afterward. Is that geeky? Whatever. I'm geeky and I love it.

This is an "action sports camera" – the sort that people mount to helmets, BMX bikes or skateboards, so I figure DJing involves a lot of action, right? Anyone who's seen my DJ dance can attest to that (thankfully, the camera will be pointed at the audience). So, in addition to the live recording, expect some video from the show too!

UPDATE: So, the tickets aren't as expensive as I had heard (I probably should have actually looked at the ticket prices. d'oh!). There are still $125 VIP tickets available for another couple days. Get a VIP ticket, free booze all night, dancefloor bass music, and the chance to appear on Codec-Camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment